Privacy Statement on Personal Data
This Privacy Statement sets out how Niche Systems S/B collects, stores and handles personal information (as defined below) of individuals in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
Please read this Privacy Statement pertaining to personal information we may collect from website users. By providing their Personal Information to us, subject are consented to this Privacy Statement and agree with the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of their personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement explains the personal information that we may gather from the website users when they visit our website(s), shop and/or sign up to be an exclusive member. This statement also elaborate on how such personal information are gathered, processed, stored, used, disclosed and/or transferred. Moreover, it also shows how website users are given the right to access and correct their personal information.
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is the data of a person’s identity. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a persona which includes:
- Identity Card /Passport Number,
- Contact Details and/or
- Email Addresses.
It may include any other personal identifiable information such as the persona’s health condition, political opinions, religious beliefs, etc., that a subject disclose to us.
What Kind Of Personal Information Are Collected?
Our online website will collect relevant personal information from the buyer and it may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Identity Card /Passport Number;
- Contact Details and/or Email Addresses;
- Email sent to Niche Systems S/B for customer feedbacks or complaint.
Data that might be collected during online shopping, from
- Buyer’s Credit Card information and Bank Account details (if applicable);
- Delivery address of buyer, where the good has been received; and
- The devices used when accessing our products and/or services (eg. mobile handset, computer system and platform)
The Source of Personal Information
Personal Information may come from two (2) separate sources:-
- Directly from the buyers, from the data provided during account creation,online shopping and product enquiry from Niche Systems S/B website; and/or
- Obtained legitimately from third parties or other service providers, to which, the individuals have consented to the disclosure of their personal information.
When And How We Collect Personal Information?
We may collect Personal Information directly from the buyers during their:-
- Conversation/messages with us via e-mails/ whatsapp.
- Register or subscribe to Niche Systems S/B membership
- Participate in any of our surveys, competitions, contests or loyalty program run by us
- Register interest and/or request for information
- Respond to any marketing materials
- Commence a business relationship with us (for example, as a service provider/business partner)
- Visit any of our showrooms
- Visit or browse our websites
- Lodge a complaint or provide feedback to us
- From third parties we deal with or are connected with the website users (credit reference agencies or financial institutions), and
- From other sources where the the buyer was given consent to disclose their information and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
How We Use Their Personal Information?
The personal information collected may be used for one or more purposes as shown below:-
- To verify an individual’s identity
- To assess and process an individual’s application(s) /request(s) for our Products and/or Services
- To administer and manage the Products and/or Services
- To investigate and resolve any queries, complaints or other enquiries regarding our Products and/or Services
- To manage our networks
- To keep in contact with the individual and provide them with any information they request
- To notify the individual about benefits and changes to the features of our Products and/or Services
- To investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving Niche Systems S/B
- To conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
- To regulatory bodies or other government authorities in compliance with requirements under the law or towards the detection or prevention of crime and/or fraud
- For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
Disclosure of Personal Information
Subjects are consent with the disclosure of their Personal Information which compliances under enactment, law, statute or regulation.
Data collection will also be used for our marketing strategy. If an individual provides us with their personal information, they might receive sms, email and direct mailings that contains promotional materials of us or our associate companies. Subject is advised to email to us at Niche Systems S/B if they would like to terminate their subscription. Terms and conditions with the options of ‘agree’ and ‘disagree’ will also be provided during membership creation or business transaction, in order to obtain the consent from the website user/ individual. Subject will stop receiving the related material once they terminate the subscription.
What If Personal Information Provided By the Subject Is Incomplete?
The provision of personal information is compulsory for us to process an individual’s product enquiries/membership application/ product feedback/business transaction. Therefore, failed to provide such obligatory information will necessitate the rejection of their application/membership. In such circumstances, we will reserve our right to reject their registration and/or application without consenting any specific reason(s) to the individual.
Individual’s Rights To Access And Correct Their Personal Information
Subject is granted with the access of their information, in order to make any amendment or correction to certain data if the original data is either:-
- Misleading, or
- Not up-to-date,
Corrected information will be processed within 21 days after the application of information amendment. Processing fee might be implied to the subject while completing their request.
Subject is responsible to provide complete and up-to-date information to our website during membership application/ feedback and product enquiry. Amendment should be done when there is any inaccurate, outdated and incomplete data. Please contact us through whatsapp or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We obtain information from cookies when the subject visits our official website. Cookies are small computer files that can be stored in web surfers’ computers with the purposes of obtaining configuration information and analyzing web surfers’ viewing habits. It is a packet of information stored in your computer which assist in subject’s website navigation based on their needs and preference. Therefore, when an individual visits our website(s), we will only collect the data provided by the subject.
Links to Third Party Websites
Please be informed that this Privacy Statement applies solely to Niche Systems S/B website and does not apply to any third party websites that the subject may access from our websites. To determine how other website deal with their users Personal Information, subject is advised to check on their respective privacy policies.
Updates to Our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement from time to time and the updated version shall apply and overrides any and all previous versions, including but not limited to, leaflets or hard copy versions.
We will try to provide at least 14 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
Please check on our website regularly for our up-to-date policies and practices.
Our Contact Details
For further enquiries, kindly email us at email@example.com